sunday post #29


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

It was a very quiet week after a steamy weekend last week! The online screening link for a film I was meant to review never arrived, I felt somewhat unmotivated to start a new book, and it's still freaking hot outside. I filled my free time catching up on my Netflix queue a little and making progress with my writing, instead. I've also been baking a lot! On the way home last weekend we stopped at a peach farm—Texas peaches are unparalleled, sorry Georgia—and brought back about twenty pounds. While cobbler is my favorite dessert to make with peaches (or almost any other fruit), I've tried my hand at small-batch canning for the first time too. It will be a little bit before we know how it turned out but I enjoyed trying something other than the quick pickling recipes I usually stick to.

BOOKS I READ


I haven't been in much of a reading mood this past week, so there are no completed titles to share! Since I'm on track with my review copies and still have a couple of unwritten reviews to schedule, I didn't push myself and instead gave myself permission to just wait out the ambivalence I've felt about picking up a new book. In order to keep some color splashed across this post, I've included Strange the Dreamer, which I started today! Hopefully next week I'll be able so share some quick thoughts and whether I intend to read the sequel or not.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

State of the ARC #7
Book Review: Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
Book Review: Seafire by Natalie C. Parker

BOOK HAULS


A Book Depository coupon was burning a hole in my pocket, so I ordered the UK edition of Warcross, which has a gorgeous rainbow prism design under the dust jacked. I hope the UK Wildcard has something similar! I also bowed to the positive hype and got a copy of The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. My break from reading kept me from indulging in several pre-orders I've had my eye on...but if I get my groove back this week, my wallet may pay the price!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
How do you deal with reading slumps? Do you wait them out or try to break out of them? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP