sunday post #28


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Oof, it's hot! With highs touching 110°F (40°C and up!) I've only grudgingly ventured outside to run errands or scoop up packages from the front porch. All my avoidance has come to naught, though: today I'll be making a day trip into the country to visit my parents and some family friends. We try to get together about once a month, but I get the feeling the outdoor portion of this visit will be truncated 😅 Fair warning, comment replies may not come until tomorrow when I'm rehydrated and properly refrigerated once more!

BOOKS I READ


The shorter lengths of Dark Descent, Damsel, and Small Spaces meant I had an unusually productive reading week! Not only was it productive, it's one of the longest strings of great books I've had all year. Both Damsel and Small Spaces were five-star books for me, but that doesn't mean the other three were slouches! These five books have an average rating of 4.5-stars, so I have a lot of enthusiastic reviews to write in the near future!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Contagion by Erin Bowman
Tagged: Liebster Award
Upcoming 2019 Releases I Need Right Now
Book Review: The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas

BOOK HAULS


Only books could bring me out into the heat and this week's #bookmail provided some excellent reasons! I now have a proof of Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd to review in advance of an October release and I must say it sounds delightfully dark! Prime Day wound up presenting a couple of pleasant surprises: with a $10 voucher for shopping at Whole Foods (who knew?) I finally added a hardcover of The Queen's Rising to my shelves, and stumbled on the blue sprayed edges edition of Strange the Dreamer for a steal! After loving Vicious I wasted no time growing my V.E. Schwab TBR, adding This Savage Song to my shelves as well.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
Who's a popular author that lived up to the hype for you? And it's now late July—are you melting yet?? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP