arc august 2018


Since starting my book blog I've noticed my reading habits have shifted strongly in favor of advance reading copies, or ARCs, instead of backlist books. While it's always exciting and a privilege to read books before their release date, it can sometimes put a time crunch on my reading habits! ARCs are promotional copies meant to generate buzz around an upcoming release and I always feel I should do my best to read and review any advance copies I receive in time for its publication.

This conflicts with my tendency to request oodles of ARCs all coming out around the same time—oops. That's why ARC August, hosted by Read, Sleep, Repeat, is the perfect monthly challenge for me!

ARC August has a couple of fun events planned, including a read-a-thon (which are the death of me, but I'll be cheering from the sidelines!) and a bingo sheet! There's something so satisfying about ticking off a box or, in this case, covering a bingo square, so I'm very excited to see what all the categories are on August 1st.

Beyond the general goal of whittling down your ARC pile, the challenge doesn't have any specific genres, authors, or books completed goals you have to hit. However, I'm going to share the ARCS that I'm hoping to read and draft reviews for next month—that way, at the end of the challenge I can come back and see how much I accomplished! (All of the links are to Goodreads ♥)


City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab

The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke

Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa

Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore

Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd


The House of One Thousand Eyes by Michelle Barker

Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean

The Overneath by Peter S. Beagle

Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan

Melmoth by Sarah Perry

Are you participating in ARC August? What fall release are you most excited for? You can also join up with Avalinah's Books' State of the ARC meme to track your progress month-to-month for the whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP