tagged: liebster award


Danielle @ Books, Vertigo, and Tea nominated me for the Liebster Award last month. If you follow my blog then you've surely already heard of Danielle and kept up with the beautiful assortment of reviews and discussions she posts every week. She's been so kind and supportive of me from practically the moment I started blogging; if you aren't already, go give her a follow!

The Rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award.
  • Answer 11 questions they asked you.
  • Come up with your own 11 questions
  • Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them.

DANIELLE'S QUESTIONS

If you had to choose one fictional world to spend the remainder of your days in, where would you go? Hogwarts! Or at least, the wizarding world that Harry Potter occupies. It's where I spent most of my childhood anyway, so I might as well ditch being an adult for butterbeer and owls.

What was the last book/film that moved you to tears? I almost never actually cry over books, so I would have to reach all the way back to Deathless by Catherynne Valente. This year I've teared up over Phantom Thread and Hereditary (that dinner scene!) so far.

Name one book that you truly disliked that was incredibly hyped or well received within the book community. Sky in the Deep. Expectations and reality just did not match up for me at all with this Viking adventure. A lot of my fellow bloggers have said a lot of good things about it, so even though it isn't quite as hyped as books by Leigh Bardugo or Sarah J. Maas, I definitely missed the bandwagon for this new release.

Who are three of your favorite female protagonists and why? Lyra Belacqua in The Golden Compass, because even at the center of a war over the fate of humanity, she still expects and demands basic kindness from those she meets. Rielle in Furyborn, because she always tries to do the right thing, even when she's caught up in events bigger than herself. Vasya in The Bear and the Nightingale, because she doesn't give a damn if you're a man or an immortal being, whatever form you entered the world in doesn't automatically make you superior to her.

Name a habit or vice that you currently have that you would like to give up or do away with. It's a lack of a habit—I always procrastinate taking out non-kitchen trash, especially recycling like folded-up boxes and other mailers. It doesn't make my house any dirtier, per se, but it does give it that little touch of clutter that always annoys me. Just not enough to make me take it out regularly, apparently!

If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Fantasy! It can cover such a broad range of settings and plots that I don't think it's possible to ever get bored.

If you were the main character in your current read, what would be your current situation (without spoilers of course)? My father, the king, is dying and his kingdom is falling apart. Even though I just learned about my parentage, this disaster is kind of partly my fault. Now I have to compete against my two surprise half-siblings for the crown.

What is one book that you recommend to everyone? Deathless, Furyborn, The Bear and the Nightingale, Uprooted, Spinning Silver, The Golden Compass. Each of them is a little different from the other, so my recommendation varies depending on the person, but that's usually the roster I run through when asked for a suggestion without any other specific guidelines.

What is something that most people do not know about you? I have a minor in Political Science.

Aside from reading and blogging, how do you like to spend most of your time? I'm a huge film buff, which follows the same vein as reading in a way. I also enjoy cooking and baking!

Name your favorite book villain or “bad guy” of all time. DANIELLE. YOU WROTE THIS QUESTION TO TORTURE ME, FOR THERE CANNOT BE ONLY ONE. Iago in Othello and Claude Frollo in The Hunchback of Notre Dame are my favorite villains in classic literature. In more recent publications I love Severus Snape and Petyr Baelish. The majority of my favorite characters, period, fall in the broad moral grey zone between good and evil. Those are always the most interesting players in a story!

MY QUESTIONS & NOMINATIONS

1. What was your first "favorite book" (that you can remember)?
2. If you could turn any book into a movie or TV series, which one would it be and do you already have a dream cast in mind?
3. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
4. What's your favorite trope to read?
5. Where would you rather be trapped for the rest of your life: Azkaban or Mordor?
6. What's the last book you told someone not to read?
7. Name a series you started but don't think you'll ever finish.
8. If you had to write a book of your own (or want to!) what genre would you choose?
9. Who is a favorite character of yours that you think is misunderstood?
10. What is the prettiest book you own (or want to own)?
11. Describe your ideal reading nook.

I nominate:

Greg @ Book Haven
Evelina @ Avalinah's Books
Tiffany @ Read by Tiffany
Aimee @ Aimee Always
Shruti @ This is Lit
Lia @ Lost in a Story
Sheila @ She's Going Book Crazy
Sim @ Flipping Thru the Pages
Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight
Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction
Lauren @ Northern Plunder


No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP