sunday post #27


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Thanks to everyone who voted in my jury duty book poll! Thankfully, I was never assigned to a courtroom, which meant that I got to wait in the large holding room for a few hours before being dismissed in time for lunch. While I got a lot of reading done, I also wound up sitting next to a teacher from my old high school—small world! We caught up on who was still teaching there and who had moved on to other schools, plus a little bit of gossip I wouldn't have gotten to hear as a student.

I caught up on recent movie releases, too, and finally saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado. Y'all, it was awful. Everyone made such dumb decisions and it was all for pretty much nothing by the end. Taylor Sheridan is such a talented screenwriter that I was surprised he delivered such a huge miss. Hopefully it's just a blip on the radar and not a sign of things to come!

BOOKS I READ



It was a dark reading week for me, and all of my covers followed the same color scheme too! Sadie by Courtney Summers offered an interesting spin on the mystery/thriller genre, although there were some factual mistakes that were very frustrating. I finally found out what all the hype over V.E. Schwab was about by reading (and loving!) Vicious. I'm so happy I jumped on the Owlcrate box for Vengeful, although that means I need to scrounge up a matching US cover sometime. This week wrapped up with Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer. While it gets a lot of points for not only choosing, but sticking with a decidedly macabre storyline, the writing was fairly middling. I haven't quite made up my mind on a rating for this last read, but I will say I'm itching to read the sequel after that cliffhanger ending!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Fawkes by Nadine Brandes
Bookshelf Tour #2
Book Review: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix

BOOK HAULS


I had a very pleasant surprise waiting for me on Friday: a proof of Melmoth by Sarah Perry! I requested one this spring and stopped expecting it some time ago, so I'm delighted to have a copy in my hands. I'm hoping to feature it on my Instagram soon, as it's one of the prettiest ARCs I've seen in some time.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
What's the last book series you started? Do you plan on finishing it? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP