sunday post #26


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

I'm happy to report that the bunny's birthday (aka, the Fourth of July) went splendidly! He got to nosh on some homemade strawberry cupcakes and dig through a big bag of presents filled with tissue paper to rip and tear. At the end of the week my mom and I went to see Incredibles 2. I'm sorry to say it, but I was a little underwhelmed? The scene with Jack Jack and a raccoon was pure gold though.

This coming week will have a little hiccup in my usual routine thanks to jury duty on Tuesday. Yay—not! I plan to put up a little poll on my Twitter (@darkmaterialss) tonight or tomorrow to help me decide which books I should take with me to stave off the soul-crushing boredom. Please stop by and vote!

BOOKS I READ


My reading pace slowed down this week, mostly because I struggled with settling in and focusing on a book. This was especially annoying since both books I did finish were excellent! Seafire by Natalie C. Parker was a well-rounded mix of pirates, fantasy, and sci-fi with a great female cast of characters. It managed to do everything right as the first entry in a new series, introducing good characters and solving some immediate problems while leaving plenty of room for growth and development.

Next was Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody, which was noticeably darker than Ace of Shades. I absolutely loved Foody's world-building and the mystery at the center of the story. Now I'm even more excited for next year's King of Fools! (But Danielle, we gotta talk about that plot hole 😂)

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Down the TBR Hole #22
Book Review: Sea Witch by Sarah Henning
Tagged: Mid-Year Check-In

BOOK HAULS


Some of you may have seen my tweet about being a total trash snake and ordering the new Slytherin Edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (Side note: your positive reactions have me wondering if I need to consider a total trash snake re-brand 😂) I found a copy from a US bookseller, so hopefully it will get here in plenty of time to take some #bookstagram pictures for July 31st! I also have a couple of lovely new ARCs for this fall: Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan and Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
Besides reading, how do you battle boredom? Have you ever had to sit on a jury before? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP