sunday post #36


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

This week I traveled to snowy Wisconsin and learned I was not built for sub-freezing temperatures! The good news is my work went smoothly and I managed to drive on the icy roads without an accident; even though I was perpetually cold, it was still a success.

Work continues to dominate the news in my personal life, for better or worse. No, this week it's for the better! There are more changes on the horizon that should give me more flexibility, more room for growth, and make me happier overall. I'm excited about the next couple of months as these changes develop, even if it means a little extra stress in the short-term.

Also, with all of this travelling I'm starting to think about picking up an inexpensive tablet for random internet surfing and Netflix-watching while I fly, if only to help save the battery on my phone. Which I need to keep powered up for actual calls (taking calls? on a cell phone? what??). Do any of y'all have recommendations for tablets you like?

BOOKS I READ


I was actually reading two books at once this week, which I tend not to do. Air travel has me re-evaluating what books I pack to read (but never an e-reader, because I'm stubbornly analog) and as much as I was loving Vengeful by V.E. Schwab, it's also a large hardcover. Instead I took Empress of All Seasons by Emiko Jean with me...and kind of regretted it. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it turned into a big letdown by the end. I'll have reviews for both of these later this month!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner
Fictional Worlds I Never Want to Live In

BOOK HAULS


I had one NetGalley approval this week for An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley. I'm really loving the historical fiction/fantasy combo novels that have been filling up the release calendar lately, so this and my other two hauls really hit the spot. I also got The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi and Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan in the mail this week, two of my most anticipated 2019 releases! It's going to be hard to stick to my quiet little goal of reading a few more backlist titles before the end of the year with such great review copies on my shelf.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE



Is there a non-iPad tablet you love using? How are you doing on your 2018 reading goals? Drop a note in the comments and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP