sunday post #38


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

My last big work trip of the year was this past week (to Philadelphia) and I'm so happy to have it behind me! I'll have some exciting professional news to share next week, but first I needed to get that last task out of the way. The trip ended on high note, as well. While waiting for my 6 AM flight back home I ran into an old friend from high school —they'd also gone to Philly for work and we were taking the same plane home! Because we were on an airline with no assigned seating, we got to sit next to one another and catch up, which made the three hours breeze by.

Tonight I have a fun little Christmas party to attend. For the last few years, a group of girls have hosted a potluck tacky sweater and sock exchange party. Everyone brings a snack and wears an outrageous Christmas sweater, then after we've all had a chance to eat we do a Secret Santa-ish exchange of tacky winter socks. It's always a lot of fun and very laid back, which is the perfect kind of get-together for this time of year!

And my musical season tickets begin this week too! On Wednesday I get to see Phantom of the Opera; it's been years since I got to see the stage musical and I'm really excited to have a little solo date night.

BOOKS I READ


I would have been a little more productive with my reading had I not gotten the rare chance to chat with a friend on one of my flights —and I'm fine with that! This week I did finish Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan, probably one of the most hyped YA titles for 2019. I really loved the darkness of the story, as well as all of the religious overtones. I love fantasy that mixes religion and political intrigue!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

The Best Books I Read in 2018
What I'm Reading: Winter 2019

BOOK HAULS


I actually managed to find a physical ARC of The Tiger at Midnight this week, yay! I also have a copy of The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman on the way, which should be a perfect read for the shorter, darker days of winter.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Do you have any holiday parties coming up? Drop a note in the comments and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP