sunday post #37


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Another week, another trip. This time I had to visit a site in southern Georgia, but luckily I flew into Atlanta. I drove there several times in college for football games and built up a small list of places I liked to visit; it was nice getting to stop into some again after a few years! Travelling somewhere slightly familiar made everything a little less tiring, a nice treat as the holidays loom closer.

I did manage to get a tablet shipped to me before I left: I went with the Amazon Fire 8! I'm really pleased with all the features you can get for a budget price point. It has a decent screen for watching movies and TV shows, as well as enough space for a few e-books (not something I regularly read, but much better than my smartphone for the occasional e-ARC sent my way). Thank you to everyone who chimed in with their suggestions last week!

BOOKS I READ


While travelling I managed to finish Slayer by Kiersten White, an expansion on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer universe. There was a fair amount of exposition to get through in the first few chapters, mainly for the benefit of readers like me who didn't read the comics that followed the TV show. It got a little trying at times, even for someone who didn't already know what happened, but I absolutely loved Nina, the other Watchers, and Kiersten's writing!

I also read the first 8 issues of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, mainly because I loved the first season of the Netflix series and free digital copies were included with my Amazon Prime account! Overall I enjoyed them—especially how they were darker and a little more graphic than the show—but I don't know if I'd pay to keep up with them as they came out. One of the reasons I've never gotten into comics is how the story is doled out very slowly, in relatively small increments. It's just hard to stay focused on a plot that way for me.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Vengeful by V.E. Schwab
End of the Year Book Tag

BOOK HAULS


HarperCollins very kindly granted one of my requests with an e-ARC of The Tiger at Midnight this week! I'm still hoping to find a physical ARC for trade (just because I prefer reading paper to a screen, and that cover is divine) but this will be the perfect plane read going into the new year!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE


Is there anything you still need to read before 2019? Drop a note in the comments and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP