sunday post #22


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Another week with not too much happening. The most exciting event was a threading appointment for my eyebrows, and when having itty-bitty hairs plucked off of your face is the thrilling part of your week...it's a boring week! I did get a little bit of my reading mojo back thankfully, although not ever book this week was a resounding success.

Next week will be a touch busier—I'm covering another film festival! This one shows much more eclectic movies than I normally watch, so I don't plan on seeing more than one or two over the entire four days that the fest covers. I am really looking forward to a recently restored silent film about Joan of Arc that's going to have a live score accompanying it, though. A lot of good movies have hit theaters recently too; hopefully I can make it out to one or two and not fall too far behind on my to-watch list!

BOOKS I READ


A mixed bag of completed books this week, although I'm much happier with the amount I was able to read! First up was Contagion by Erin Bowman: this book was definitely heavier on plot and thrills than characters, which was a little disappointing. Bowman did write the horror/suspense bits very well, though, and this is the first in a new series which still leaves room for development in the sequel (which I'll read). Next was Fawkes by Nadine Brandes. This wound up being a total disaster for me—for the first time in a long time, I struggled to find anything positive to say about my reading experience! To be honest I probably should have DNF'd it, but since I got my copy through an ARC swap I wanted to give it every chance I could.

Last was The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas and finally I broke into a solidly good read! The mystery itself is a little rote but Monica and Ginny, the two high school juniors looking into the deaths at the center of the story are such compelling characters. I wound up enjoying this one even more than I expected.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton
Down the TBR Hole #20
Book Review: Lies You Never Told Me by Jennifer Donaldson
Tagged: Books I'll Probably Never Read

BOOK HAULS


I bought the original UK paperback of The Bear and the Nightingale—isn't it gorgeous? I'm going to add a matching The Girl in the Tower soon so that way I can have a full set to go alongside my US hardbacks. I also finally got my Legendary pre-order swag, which was such a relief! Everyone else posted theirs on Twitter a couple days ago and I was beginning to wonder if my name got lost in the shuffle.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
Did you have a more exciting week than me? I hope so! Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP