sunday post #18


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

The film festival ended on Thursday and let me tell you, I am tired! There were a lot of good films screened this year and only a couple of genuine duds on my schedule. Near the end of the month I'm going to have a wrap-up post featuring some of my favorites and, best of all, many of them already have US release dates! Which means if any of them sound interesting to you there's a good chance you'll be able to check them out in a theater or on demand sometime in the near future.

My reading and book reviews have taken a hit with so much free time tied up in the week-long festival. Each night I would come home and write anywhere from one to three film reviews before going to bed, so my backlog of book reviews has grown. I also didn't read as much as I usually do: the festival is loud, crowded, and bustling, which isn't an ideal reading environment even when I was waiting around. This week I want to finish (and, let's be honest, start!) my three pending book reviews and get to at lease one of two remaining June releases on my TBR. The reviews are a little daunting since I've spent so much time writing recently, but I think I can do it!

READING CHALLENGES


I only finished one book this week: Lies You Never Told Me by Jennifer Donaldson. This was a great YA thriller with a unique final act twist and two great narrators. I'm also a little biased because half of the story takes place in Austin, TX! It deals with some complicated and mature topics without oversimplifying them, so I think this has the potential to appeal to non-YA readers as well.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: All the Ever Afters by Danielle Teller
Down the TBR Hole #19
Book Review: Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Book Review: Furyborn by Claire Legrand

BOOK HAULS


A modest but manageable haul this week, mostly thanks to NetGalley. I was sitting right next to my computer when an e-mail arrived announcing Grace & Fury by Tracy Banghart was available as a Read Now title, so I was able to jump on the offer and download a copy. Later in the week a very old request for Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa got approved. Several bloggers I follow seem to be big fans of hers which has me excited to read her newest book. Lastly I traded for a copy of Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer and honestly, what isn't there to love about a young, female monster hunter?!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
How do you manage falling behind on reviews? Do you write them all in one marathon session? Slow down your reading pace until you catch up? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP