state of the arc #8


State of the ARC is a monthly meme hosted by Avalinah's Books. It's a way to track your reading progress and see how fellow book bloggers are doing as well.

The rules for State of the ARC are quite simple; I couldn't put them any better than Evelina already has:
  • Mention that you’re linking up with State of the ARC @ AvalinahsBooks, which is a fun way to share our ARC progress, challenges, wins, woes and mishaps.
  • Include the link to this post, or the current State of the ARC post. You can use my State of the ARC image too.
  • Don’t forget to visit all the other people in the link-up and comment.
  • And most importantly – have fun!
ARC STATS

Looking at the chart, it's been a good reading month! I didn't make as much progress as I wanted to, but life away from the blog has gotten busy and just a touch unpredictable—not ideal conditions for regimented ARC progress, although I certainly can't complain about the change.

My NetGalley ratio remains the same as July: 78%. I have actually DNF'd one e-ARC from them (Shadow of the Fox) but haven't yet submitted feedback. I'm tempted to give myself to try it again after things normalize around here, just in case, although I still get the feeling that it was a poor match for me.

The good news about my slower-than-planned progress is that the limited number of review copies I have for the end of 2018 and start of 2019 will last a little longer! I have some great titles coming up and I'm excited to get the chance to savor them a little more than anticipated.

SYMBOLS DECODED


I've posted six ARC reviews since the last check-in:

Grace and Fury by Tracy Banghart
Seafire by Natalie C. Parker
Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood
Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage
Mirage by Somaiya Daud
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab

I also have 15 ARC reviews written and queued for posting, including six new ARCs finished this month! In September I'll have reviews for Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer, Sadie by Courtney Summers, Wildcard by Marie Lu, The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton, Rule by Ellen Goodlett, Small Spaces by Katherine Arden, The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White, and Damsel by Elana K. Arnold. Later in the fall I'll have reviews for Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor, The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke, Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand, Grim Lovelies by Meagan Shepherd, and Melmoth by Sarah Perry!

ARC BINGO


Only one square got filled this month, and maybe I cheated? I interpreted "new to you genre" to mean the first time I'd read an advanced copy in a given category—this time, horror/comedy novel The Sacrifice Box. There really isn't a fiction genre I haven't at least dabbled in, and I really want a chance at getting bingo, so I decided that was close enough :P


ON THE HORIZON

There are a couple of September releases at the top of my TBR; I'm looking forward to Sisters of the Winter Wood in particular! I'm also excited for The Light Between Worlds, The Overneath (an overdue NetGalley title), and Bridge of Clay. Autumn is looking much busier than it did a couple of weeks ago, but I'll have some good books keeping me company!


Will we be covering any of the same ARCs this month? Let me know which review you're most looking forward to in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP