sunday post #32


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Yesterday I bid an unofficial farewell to summer at an annual pool party that doubles as a fundraiser for a local charity! It's held at one of the nice old hotels north of downtown and, provided you show up early enough to stake out a good spot, it makes for some fun people watching while sipping on a cold drink in the pool. You also need to be smart enough to leave before too many guests have had one too many cold drinks in the pool, but that's another story...

I also broke out of my film-going rut and saw Mission Impossible: Fallout earlier in the week. When I was younger, I didn't really enjoy Tom Cruise's movies (with a couple of exceptions) but I've warmed to him in the last few years. Overall MI:6 was a great deal of fun, particularly watching it on an enormous screen with surround sound, and I'll never not be impressed with the practical stunts on display. This coming week I hope to make it back to the theater for The Meg and Christopher Robin...and keep avoiding the heat that just won't quit!

BOOKS I READ


#ARCAugust continues! Using my post schedule as a guide, next on my list was Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd. I was a little worried that the hype had risen too high for me to enjoy it, but with the exception of one annoying, Edward Cullen-esque character, I really liked it! The magic system is unique, as are the problems it creates, and I'm a sucker for little luxurious touches like Chanel and Aston Martin.

Next up is Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor (thank you LBYR!). I've been taking my time, just like with Strange the Dreamer, really trying to savor the language and atmosphere. I also don't want this journey to end, so in all likelihood I'm still working to finish it today!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Down the TBR Hole #23
Book Review: Mirage by Somaiya Daud

BOOK HAULS


Thanks to a lovely trader on Twitter, my Naomi Novik collection will soon be complete with the UK hardback edition of Uprooted! I'm also looking forward to Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak, which comes out this October. The ARC is an absolute brick at 500+ pages, but I'm excited to give this much-lauded author a try!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE

Have you seen any good movies lately? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP