sunday post #41


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

This week marks my last five days at my soon-to-be-former job — yay! My supervisor actually "forgot" that the 11th was my last day...despite getting almost a month's notice. He tried to talk me into staying on until the end of the month, apparently not fully understanding the concept of taking a full-time, salaried position somewhere else. The whole conversation just makes me so much more grateful to be moving on to a company and a position that are much better suited to where I am professionally and personally.

My New Year's Eve was spent quietly at home, watching masterclass episodes of the Great British Baking Show. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of my hobbies, specifically reading and watching movies in my spare time, rather than aimlessly watching the same YouTube channels again and again. It feels good to have the motivation and presence of mind to want to spend my free time in a more structured way (although I'll never knock vegging out from time to time!). This is also the third year I'm participating in Yoga With Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga challenge; after several weeks away from the mat some muscles are definitely in protest, but I love the feeling of practicing again. I don't have any specific goals for the monthly challenge, or my yoga practice going forward, but I am hoping to rebuild a little bit of strength and introduce a little more calm into my days :)

BOOKS I READ


I still have about 50 pages to go (as of this morning), but I'm practically done with The Gilded Wolves! Hopefully I'll have it properly finished by this afternoon, because it's on the review schedule for this week.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Roving Reader: Essentials for Reading on the Go

BOOK HAULS

Nothing again! I haven't had time to browse the post-holiday selection of my local used bookstore, but I'm hoping to soon. (Also, there were so many good after-Christmas sales, particularly on clothes and shoes for my work wardrobe, so my discretionary spending on books needs to stay pretty limited for now...#sorrynotsorry)


Did everyone have a good New Year's? Any big resolutions you're working on? Drop a note in the comments and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP