sunday post #34


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Y'all. This week...has been insane. I went from interviewing for a new job on Monday to actually starting it Wednesday—and hadn't even heard about the opportunity until a couple days before the interview! In the blink of an eye I've gone from being able to structure my time and work however I want to clocking in at a small office about half an hour away from home. The (enormous) positive to all of this is that I'm getting the opportunity to learn so many new things in a field that felt impossible to break into.

Where the struggle comes in is trying to rapidly adjust to having a supervisor and learning his style of management, along with the deceptively simple question of figuring out just how my weekdays will be structured now. So much change in so little time has provided the perfect ground for some added anxiety and stress, which makes me doubly grateful for the long weekend and an opportunity to pause, breathe, and remind myself that these situations become what you make of them. If I continue focusing on the stress, I only make it harder to take advantage of what's in front of me.

This also means I've fallen behind on basic blogging things like returning comments and visiting all of y'all's lovely new posts! I appreciate your support so much and I'm hoping to catch up with everyone later this week ♥

BOOKS I READ

...None, again. I intended to make up for last week's lack of progress, but job developments derailed my best intentions. By the time things slow down for the night, all I've wanted to do is veg out in front of the TV or watch a few goofy YouTube videos before bed. I'm still in the middle of Melmoth; while I adore Sarah Perry's writing, it is quite dense and grave. If I can't muster the concentration it deserves in the last part of the weekend, I may set it aside for lighter, less challenging fare while I focus on getting everything other than my bookshelves in order.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Sadie by Courtney Summers
What I'm Reading: Fall 2018
Book Review: Wildcard by Marie Lu

BOOK HAULS


I'd given up any hopes of a follow-up to my request for The Lantern's Ember, but this week the publicist sent me a NetGalley widget! To be honest, I went ahead and pre-ordered this one, so I'll probably just read and review the finished copy, but it was exciting to see that they remembered me.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
  • No links this week :( What were some of your favorite posts around the book blogging community?

How do you unwind after a stressful week? Is it always reading, or do you turn to something that requires a little less brain power? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP